Who Signs the Recipient’s Funding Certification and Agreement For Emergency Grants Under the CARES Act?

KA-34763 Helpfulness Rating 120 page views

The school official who signs the Recipient’s Funding Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students or the Recipient’s Funding Certification and Agreement for the Institutional Portion under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act form is the individual designated by your institution as being legally obligated to sign non-Title IV federal grant applications, or as otherwise determined by your institution. Typically, that person is the institution’s president, chancellor, or chief executive officer (CEO), or their delegated representative.

The school’s legal counsel should be consulted if there are questions.

The emergency grant funds under the CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) are not Title IV funds, so certification signatures do not necessarily mirror your Title IV Program Participation Agreement (PPA).

AskRegs Q&As represent NASFAA's understanding of regulatory and compliance issues. They are FOR INTERNAL USE ONLY. While NASFAA believes AskRegs Q&As are accurate and factual, they have not been reviewed or approved by the U.S. Department of Education (ED). If you should need written confirmation of AskRegs information for audit or program review purposes, please contact your ED School Participation Division. NASFAA shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein; nor for incidental or consequential damages resulting from the furnishing, performance, or use of this material.